Current Affairs Pakistan CSS Syllabus :
Current Affairs Compulsory ( Total Marks – 100 )
Candidates will be expected to display such general knowledge of History,Geography and Politics as is necessary to interpret current affairs.
- Pakistan’s relations with its neighbours.
- Pakistan’s relations with Middle Eastern. African and Far Eastern Countries.
- Pakistan relations with big powers. International Economic issues and Pakistan.
- Pakistan’s role in regional and international organizations.
- Nuclear politics in South Asia.
- Structure of Pakistan’s economy, economic planning and development strategies.
- Central Issues and problems in the Educational Systems.
- Issues in Pakistan Politics.
- Superpowers and the Issues of World Order.
- Major Contemporary Crises. Major Economic, social and political issues of the world as reflected and discussed in periodicals and newspapers.
|1.||India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Great Powers||G. W. Choudhry|
|2.||Main Spring of Indian and Pakistani Foreign Policies||S.M. Burke|
|3.||Pakistan’s Foreign Policy||S.M. Burke|
|4.||Pakistan and the Great Powers||M Ahsan Choudhry|
|5.||Pakistan and the UN||M Ahsan Choudhry|
|6.||Pakistan the long view||Lawrence Ziring et. al.|
|7.||Political System of Pakistan||Khalid B. Sayeed|
|8.||Politics in Pakistan||Khalid B. Sayeed|
|9.||World Politics since 1945||P. Calvocrassi|
|10.||Conflict and Cooperation in the Indian Ocean; Pakistan’s interests and Choices||Pervaiz Iqbal Cheema|
|11.||The Security of South Asia||Stephen P. Cohen|
|12.||The Military and Politics in Pakistan||Hasan Askari Rizvi|
|13.||Development Strategies of Pakistan||M. L. Qureshi|
|14.||The Management of Pakistan’s economy 1947 to 1982||Ahmed, V., Rashid Ahmed|